Site Intercept Survey
One popular method for website research, Web analytics, can provide a mine of statistics. However, those numbers only tell you part of the story; there’s no detail of what the visitors were seeking or how successful they were in locating it. Another popular method is to deploy a site intercept survey that captures who visited your site, why they came and how successful they were during their visit. While valuable, a site intercept survey alone does not tell you where they went on your site or whether it had an impact on the success of their visit. How can you get a better representation of your visitors’ experience?
Our Attitudinal Analytics® solution captures who visited your site, why they came and how successful they were during their visit. Our intercept survey captures not only a visitor’s survey response, but also their navigational (click stream) behavior. This combination allows customized survey questions based on each visitor’s journey through the site. Visitors see questions related only to what they did on the site, rather than a batch of questions unrelated to their particular website experience. This combination of a visitor’s survey response and navigational behavior also allows for deeper, more objective analysis.
This service, powered by Qualtrics Site Intercept + Research Suite, can help you build your website strategy and serve as a tool for ongoing improvement of the user experience. An Attitudinal Analytics engagement can be a single, one-time project or an ongoing process to maximize the benefits for your site.
- We start by working with you to understand your research objectives, website(s) that will be evaluated and the targeted timeline. We also engage with your technical resources to answer any questions about implementing the site intercept survey.
- Your assigned research team develops a research plan, which includes the survey questions and visitor behaviors that will trigger the survey questions. This iterative development of the plan between you and the research team ensures that all necessary feedback is gathered when the survey is deployed.
- Once the research plan is approved, Usability Sciences builds and tests the survey to ensure it works as designed.
- You then have the opportunity to preview the survey, and your technical staff can test the survey in their testing environment.
- Once deployed, the site intercept survey continues collecting responses until the targeted number of responses is reached. During that time, your assigned research team provides progress updates of the survey to you.
- After the target number of responses is reached, the results are analyzed and compiled into a report, which contains actionable recommendations for fixing the identified issues. For continuous intercept surveys conducted over a period of several years, your research team will periodically provide you with an interactive dashboard of your survey results.
The fastest, most productive route to conversion improvement requires identifying which visitors your site fails, understanding where and why the site failed them, and then fixing the root of the problems. Our unique Attitudinal Analytics solution will help you answer those questions.
Our Attitudinal Analytics solution will also help you answer the following questions:
- Who visits your website?
- Why do they visit your website?
- How successful they are in completing their desired task(s)? And if they are not successful, why?
- And whether their navigational behavior impacts the success of their visit?
Contact us today to learn more about what your website visitors actually experience.
Also, let our team of user experience professionals take you through site intercept survey insights:
- Learn how leveraging Tableau’s drag-and-drop methodology can help you visualize your survey data in more meaningful ways to derive richer insights. Discover how Tableau’s interactive dashboard report makes it easier to share high-impact results with less effort.
- Take a look at some of the nuts and bolts behind constructing effective and impactful online surveys. This webinar provides an overview of best practices in crafting survey content and logic.
- Although the goal of many websites is to attract daily return visits, it is surprising how many sites are not truly optimized for frequently recurring visits. Check in to see some quick takeaways to increase the number and frequency of return visits for your site.