About Usability Sciences Corporation
Usability Sciences Corporation has been helping our clients make their websites and products better since 1988. We provide usability and user experience research services to more than 100 companies annually. At our headquarters in Las Colinas, Irving, TX our employees enjoy a challenging, collaborative, and innovative environment that allows everyone to have a voice. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, which includes health, dental, and life insurance, vacation time, holidays, and a corporate environment that is built upon fostering the strengths of each employee to create winning teams.
The Business Development position is responsible for penetrating new accounts and delivering well-qualified appointments to the field sales staff. Leads are developed throughout the United States through both telephone and email communications. Business development has an opportunity to learn our methodology and solutions while working with an experienced team of professionals.
- Overall responsibility is to generate, cultivate, and qualify potential customers that meet criteria set by the sales team
- Respond to inquiries and develop leads within the company’s databases, web promotions, direct-mail promotions, email submission, tradeshows, etc.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments with Executive, C-Level Decision Makers for the sales team
- Must be able to prospect & expand target customer base consisting primarily of large and mid-sized enterprises. Conduct research to gather company information and create new leads. Develop leads based on referrals, cross-selling, and other ad hoc opportunities.
- Build applicable sales materials.
- Work closely with the sales team and senior management to drive new revenue streams.
- Must be able to provide feedback to marketing, product management, and development staff.
- Update and maintain the lead database. Generate weekly and monthly activity progress reports
- Attend industry trade shows, networking events, and company events, as requested.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining email marketing campaigns directly related to business development
- Reports to the Director of Design Thinking
- Interacts closely and continuously with entire sales staff
- Strong client interaction
- Exceptional and demonstrable phone-based selling skills. Understand the concept of communicating business value and knows how to close for appointments.
- Self starter who is highly motivated, unflappable, and results-driven. Relentless high standards and can operate at all levels
- Ability to identify and interact with c-level leads
- Knowledge of business organizational structure and buying influences
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Professional attitude
- Superior time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, or Business Administration preferred
- Experience using Salesforce preferred, but not required
- Sales experience or business development experience a plus
- College Degree Required