Rapid Iterative Testing
It’s not always easy to know whether or not a change to your website effectively solved a problem; what if fixing one issue creates or reveals another one?
Rapid iterative testing is a method that utilizes lab testing to identify problems with a website, followed immediately by implementation of feasible solutions, which is then followed by further testing.
This kind of testing can quickly identify the major pain points and also test whether specific solutions effectively solve the problem(s). Both the usability analysts and project team collaborate on the best ways of fixing the website’s usability problems. The project team gets the benefit of directly consulting with the analysts prior to implementing fixes.
Usability Sciences conducts rapid iterative tests in its custom-built, state-of-the-art lab or at a facility of your choice.
- We start by working with you to understand your research objectives, identify your target audience and determine which assets will be evaluated by participants (e.g., wireframes, screenshots, prototype, etc.).
- Your assigned research team will then develop a test plan, which includes the task scenarios and moderator questions that will be used to ensure all necessary feedback is gathered during the test sessions.
- In parallel, Usability Sciences’ in-house recruiting team will screen and schedule participants who meet your target audience.
- One-on-one test sessions (either 60 or 90 minutes long) are conducted over 1 week: the first day is for user testing, followed by 1 day for the project team to implement changes, then a second day of user testing, followed by 1 day for implementing further changes, and a third and final day of user testing. During the test sessions, participants perform defined tasks and are asked questions about what they think about the website designs.
- After testing is complete, the results are analyzed and compiled into a report, which contains actionable recommendations for fixing the observed issues with the website.
With rapid iterative testing, you can see how changes to your website affect people’s experiences, and observe how they respond to them. Over the course of a week, your team identifies problems, works out solutions and gets direct consumer feedback.
In just a few days, you can see how people respond to different interfaces. Your designers and developers get to see how actual customers react to their work in context, which can be a powerful and motivating revelation for them. With this type of testing, customers are transformed from abstract demographics into real people for project team members.
Rapid iterative testing will also help you answer the following questions:
- Is there anything in the design that is unclear or confusing?
- Would users prefer the designs to look or behave differently?
- Which features are of highest value to your target customers?
- Are there any features missing from the designs?
- Are user expectations different than the intended functionality?
- Do the implemented changes solve observed issues?
Contact us today to collaborate with our experts on building a better a user experience.
Also, let our team of user experience professionals take you through rapid iterative testing insights:
- In this webinar, we discuss best practices for rapid iterative testing as well as how to form a successful rapid iterative testing team, how to ensure a quality testing experience, and what to expect from this type of testing.