Associate User Experience Analyst
Usability Sciences Corporation has been helping our clients make their websites and products better since 1988. We provide usability and user experience research services to more than 100 companies annually. At our headquarters in Las Colinas, Irving, TX our employees enjoy a challenging, collaborative, and innovative environment that allows everyone to have a voice. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, which includes health, dental, and life insurance, vacation time, holidays, and a corporate environment that is built upon fostering the strengths of each employee to create winning teams.
Associate User Experience (UX) Analysts observe numerous projects, giving them exposure to various industries, interfaces, client personalities, methodologies, and moderating styles. The majority of time will initially be spent in the lab observing and logging user sessions. Additional responsibilities in other phases of the project lifecycle will be acquired as exposure, knowledge and confidence increases. Training and mentoring are provided to Associate UX Analysts to assist them in achieving the competencies necessary to perform all required job responsibilities.
The ideal candidate is someone interested in the relationship between technology and human behavior; we look for patterns in user behavior and the “why” behind their actions. She/he is comfortable adapting to new challenges; each of our projects is distinct and presents unique opportunities to impress our clients. The ideal candidate is also a technology enthusiast, eager to try new software and hardware products as well as set up and break down technical equipment.
The following duties are performed under the direction of an experienced user experience professional:
- Assists with designing and drafting UX research plans to effectively meet our client’s objectives.
- Sets up and utilizes all lab and recording technology.
- Assists with facilitating one-on-one testing sessions and/or focus groups and takes thorough and detailed notes of participant-moderator interaction.
- Helps to analyze and document the results discovered from the usability sessions and/or focus groups with the goal of learning all skills necessary to complete the final deliverable
- Participates in discussions on how to improve usability deliverables, usability processes, or team/company goals.
- Volunteers and actively participates in team and company initiatives.
- Travel required up to 25%
- A strong desire to make a product (website, software, hardware) “usable”
- Technological proficiency – the ability to set up, troubleshoot, and break down computers, projectors, and similar technical equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proficient typing skills
- The ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance and independently managing deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook
- Good analytical, quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
About Usability Sciences:
Since 1988, Usability Sciences continues to be the leading user experience solutions provider.
Who We Are:
Usability Sciences was built around a set of core beliefs and values. Being a relatively small company, it is critical that all of our employees promote the ideals listed in our “What we believe”.
This position is being offered from our main office located in Irving, Texas (Dallas area). Relocation expenses will not be covered.
Please send cover letter expressing your interest in working for Usability Sciences along with your resume, salary requirements, and/or examples of past work to Careers[at]usabilitysciences[dot]com.
Note: Unfortunately, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position.